Delicious swiss chard sauté with walnuts and ricotta cheese
6-8 Leaves of swiss chard
1 clover of garlic chopped fine
2tbs olive oil plus additional if needed
40g chopped walnuts
100g ricotta cheese
100g pasta of your choice
30g grated parmesan cheese
Sea salt, fresh ground pepper
- Cook pasta in plenty of boiling salted water, as per package instructions for al dente
- Remove leaves from swiss chard stems, and thinly slice both
- Heat olive oil in pan, sauté stems for 3-4 minutes, add leaves and sauté for 2 more minutes, add garlic and walnuts, sauté for another minute
- Add ricotta cheese and mix well
- When pasta is cooked remove from water with a slotted spoon and add to sauce. Turn up heat, add 60 ml of pasta cooking water and mix well.
- Season with fresh ground black pepper, check for salt. Adjust thickness of sauce with more pasta cooking water if needed.
- Sprinkle with a little extra virgin olive oil, Serve.